NKOS Workshops - (Networked Knowledge Organization Systems and Services)
As part of the activities of the NKOS (Networked Knowledge Organization Systems and Services) network, Doug Tudhope has co-organised the European NKOS Workshops:
- 2000 – at ECDL (European Conference on Digital Libraries), Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2003 – at ECDL, Trondheim, Norway.
- 2004 – at ECDL, Bath, England.
- 2005 – at ECDL, Vienna, Austria.
- 2006 – at ECDL, Alicante, Spain.
- 2007 – at ECDL, Budapest, Hungary.
- 2008 – at ECDL, Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2009 – at ECDL, Corfu, Greece.
- 2010 – at ECDL, Glasgow, Scotland.
- 2011 – at (renamed) TPDL (Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries), Berlin, Germany.
- 2012 – at TPDL, Paphos, Cyprus.
- 2013 – at TPDL, Valletta, Malta.
- 2014 – at joint TPDL & JCDL, London, UK.
- 2015 – at TPDL, Poznań, Poland.
- 2016 – at TPDL, Hannover, Germany. Proceedings
- 2016 – at joint DC/ASIST, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Presentations and details of the workshops are provided.
Workshops at JCDL and DCMI conferences have also been co-organised and a special session (What role can KOS play in information retrieval applications?) at the 2nd biennial conference of the UK Chapter of ISKO (International Society for Knowledge Organization) in 2011. For details see the NKOS website.
Special issues on KOS themes were published in the Journal of Digital Information Systems 2004, co-edited by Tudhope & Koch, New Applications of Knowledge Organization Systems and the New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia 2006, 12(1), Knowledge Organization Systems and Services co-edited by Tudhope & Nielsen.